You want to lose weight and you want to do it fast. So… You pop up some so call “magic weight loss pills” that supposedly will bring down your weight in a matter of days.
But… Does it really work? You’ll get a flat NO for an answer.
Simply because, there is no way you can lose weight that fast. All the commercial and ads that put up a claim that sounds too good to be true, is really…
“Too Good To Be True”
For many people, it is difficult to lose more than a few pounds, and only few succeed in remaining at the reduced weight especially if they do it on their own. The difficulty in losing weight and keeping it off leads many people to turn to a professional or commercial weight loss program for help. Therefore, when you consider to joining a weight loss program, choose wisely.
Most of the commercial weight loss programs that can be found easily right now works! Provided if you committed to it and you have sufficient motivation to control your diet or regular involvement in physical activities.
Below are some tips that you should consider when looking for a Weight Loss Program:
- Safety – Make sure that the program is safe for your heath and does not create restriction that could harm your body in any way. If your program includes a diet, ensure that all of the recommended daily allowances (RDAs) for vitamins, minerals and protein are included. That means your diet should be lower in calories (energy) only, not in essential vitamins or minerals.
- Slow & Moderate Weight Loss – The weight that you suppose to lose in any program should be slow and steady, unless your doctor feels your health condition would benefit from more rapid weight loss. A reasonable weight loss a person should have when using a weight loss program is about a pound or two every week.
- Program Cost – Some program might cause you a bomb if you do not check properly the hidden cost that is bundle in your initial fees. Before signing for any program, always insist for a detailed statement to make sure that additional items such as dietary supplements or foods is fully covered.
- The Credibility – Do an investigation to make sure that the staff consist of qualified counselors and health professionals such as registered dietitians, doctors, and exercise physiologists. You do not want to join a program that is given by unqualified people — Do You?
- Choice of Food – Do make sure that the food included in your diet is suitable and you do not have any allergic to it.
- Weight Loss Goals – A weight loss goal that is reasonable and not over exaggerated.
- Program Successful Rate – Check how many people actually use the program before and what is the success rate.
- Weight Loss Average – Enquire what is the average weight loss among the people who had finished the program.
- Side Effect – Ensure that the weight loss program does not have any side effects. And even if there is, you will need to know what it is. Ex mild headache, vomiting or etc.
- Consistencies – Your program should include plans for weight maintenance after the weight-loss phase is over. It is of little benefit to lose a large amount of weight only to regain it later.
If you have doubt, always consult your doctor as they should be able to recommend appropriate programs and help you come up with a sensible weight-loss goal.
The program you select should help you improve your dietary habits, increase your physical activity, and help you change other lifestyle habits that may have contributed to your weight gain in the past. To be safe and effective, any weight loss program must address the long-term approach or else the program is largely a waste of money and effort.
Source by Christine Lena