One of the ways our body burns fuel is through movement. A good work out burns calories stored as fat. Because we do not always have time for a long exercise session every day, we need some ideas to sneak in some extra exercising during our day. Here are 15 tips to fitting in extra exercise:
- Walk on the spot while brushing your teeth. Lift your knee high for added benefit.
- While waiting in your car in the parking lot for your friend to come out of the store, get out of the car and walk around while you keep an eye open for her to return.
- Next time you need a loaf of bread from the store, bike instead of driving.
- Find a friend or family member to go on a walk with every Sunday afternoon.
- Whenever you need to go upstairs or downstairs in your house, do it twice instead of once.
- While lying in your bed in the morning trying to wake up, start moving around. Keeping your shoulder blades on the mattress, twist at your waist so that your left knee touches the bed on your right side and repeat for the other side. Do 10 times.
- Jog from room to room instead of walking. Jog around the house doing the dusting and vacuuming.
- Take advantage of your breaks and lunch hour at work. Get a drink of water and then walk around the block instead of sitting and eating a donut.
- When you park at work, choose a spot several blocks away to park. Then you will walk several blocks at least twice each day.
- Book a business meeting over a game of racquet ball instead of over lunch.
- Stay at home moms: Turn on some fun music and dance around with your little ones.
- Meet a client at the park instead of the office and talk while walking around the lake.
- Shampoo your carpets yourself instead of hiring someone to do it. Rental units come with instructions. You'll get good exercise pushing around that heavy equipment and save some money too.
- When you mow your lawn offer to do the elderly lady's lawn too. You'll get twice the exercise and do a good service.
- When you shovel snow off your walks, find a neighbor's to shovel too. Again, twice the exercise.
You may have to adapt these to meet your own lifestyle, but you can see that sneaking in a little extra exercise whenever you can really is possible, even in a busy schedule. Every time your body is still, ask yourself what you can do to get it moving. The more you move, the more calories you burn. The more calories you burn, the more fat you lose. It's as simple as that.
See how many ways you can sneak in extra exercise each day and write them down. At the end of the week, read your list and you will be surprised at what you were able to do. Do this faithfully every day for one month and it will become a habit. Seeing the weight fall off will be your well-deserved reward.
Source by Peggy Hurd