Renewing your mind is a key concept in Christian weight loss. One reason people fail in losing weight is attempting to pile new behaviors on top of an old mindset. Sooner or later, your old mindset convinces you to quit and you wind up in the same shape as before or even worse. Meditating on inspirational scriptures consistently is one way you can renew your mind to God’s higher purpose for your life, which will help you make wiser decisions in all areas, including your health.
Here are some of the scriptures I used to renew my mind as I started my own 85-pound weight loss journey and implemented Christian weight loss principles into my life:
- Psalm 107:9: “For He has satisfied the thirsty soul, and the hungry soul He has filled with what is good.”
- Isaiah 40:31: “Those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary.”
- Romans 14:17: “…for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.”
- 2 Corinthians 5:17: “Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.”
- Philippians 1:6: “For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.”
- Hebrews 12:11: “All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness.”
- 3 John 1:2: “Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers.”
Even before you start your own weight loss journey, begin to meditate on the above scriptures to put this key Christian weight loss principle into practice. In your prayer time, ask God to show you how to apply this wisdom to your daily life. I recommend that you write these scriptures on index cards and review them regularly throughout the day. Keep them in sight so that they stay in mind.
When you renew your mind and practice healthy habits consistently, you will experience more peace and balance in your life, and reach your perfect weight.
Source by Kimberly Floyd